Discover the benefits of choosing Applied Cloud Systems as your CSP
Microsoft’s Cloud Solution Provider program is a new way for organizations to purchase cloud services including Azure, Office365, Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS) and Dynamics365. This program is quickly becoming the preferred choice for organizations to consolidate purchasing of Microsoft cloud services which provides a ton of flexibility. Applied Cloud Systems is a Managed Microsoft Gold Partner and Cloud Solution Provider.
Customers have several options when it comes to licensing Microsoft Cloud Services. These include the Enterprise Agreement (EA), Cloud Solution Provider (CSP), and Microsoft Online Subscription Program (MOSP). To understand the value of CSP to customers, let’s compare the various options.
The Enterprise Agreement has long been the gold standard when it comes to purchasing Microsoft software and cloud services. Changes have been occurring with this licensing vehicle including the minimum number of users required. That number stands at 500, will soon be 750, and likely will continue to increase. The Enterprise Agreement also has some significant drawbacks, especially when it comes to cloud services. The value of the cloud is the flexibility it provides in allowing organizations to scale up and down in near real time. The Enterprise Agreement was not designed for this reality and locks in organizations to much longer commitments, usually 3 years. Further, organizations do not have the ability to reduce licenses on a monthly basis and must wait until their anniversary to do so. A similar issue arises when adding licenses, in that an organization must pay for the remaining months until the anniversary for cloud licenses.
The Microsoft Online Subscription Program is the common path for smaller organizations to purchase Microsoft Cloud Services. This is the agreement used when customers sign-up online and use their company credit cards to purchase services. While this allows organizations to add and remove licenses as the business requires, customers don’t have a direct option for support or receive any type of volume discounting.
The Cloud Solution Provider Program was designed to address the short comings of both the EA and MOSP. This program allows certified partners to resell licenses and services directly to customers. This program is similiar in nature to the Insurance Agency business where localized brokers maintain the customer relationship and provide direct support. The CSP program also carries a number of additional benefits.
- License Flexibility without Penalty – only pay for what you need, increase or decrease licenses at any time. No longer committed to EA’s True-up charges.
- Monthly Billing – Unlike an EA, your don’t have to pay for the entire agreement upfront or use Microsoft financing to split payments across the years of the agreement. With CSP, you pay a monthly bill based upon actual usage.
- Partner Support – Can provide licensing support including answering questions about services.
- We offer managed service and packaged solutions that enhance the value of your products. These on-line services are always current and up-to-date.
- Pricing – Unlike MOSP, partner can provide volume discounting. Larger utilization can improve discount tiers.
Check out the video below to further explain the benefits of Cloud Solution Provider. Contact our sales team today to learn how we can be your CSP!